Cronulla, Australia, January 31st, 2009

Ceremony is at 5pm, Bass and Flinder's Point. We have decided on a reception at The Nun's Pool!

Sunday, June 3, 2007

Jinja -Uganda




Making our way through Kenya to Uganda, we were determined to find the River Nile Explorers and raft The Source of The Nile! Unfortunately I don't have pictures to document one of the most adventurous moments of our trip, with several Class V rapids including a 10 foot waterfall! It can't be too dangerous as I don't really have experience doing this, being less worried about crocodiles than waterfalls. We managed to escape a lightening storm that was following us, wishing my sister Sarah had been there for as she likes to tease my slight fear of lightening. Who would have been laughing then? Admittedly, still not I.
Cozy huts on the Nile, great food, and a great group of local and international guides! -Heather

The rafting was so much fun, I could have done it every day for a month. The kind of fun that makes me giggle nervously, then say, "again, again!" Stunning surroundings with such a sad and temultuous history was amazingly contrasted by vivacious, friendly and happy locals who were so gracious and genuinely excited in sharing their environment with us. I'd go back there in a heartbeat. -Mike

2 comments:

Unknown said...

that sounds like a blast of an adventure!!! you guys look so cute, and you look like its an amazing trip. bug

Unknown said...

Heather...I would have been terrified too with a lightning storm around me! Love all the photos and looks like you and Mike are having a ball! Take care, Clare