Cronulla, Australia, January 31st, 2009

Ceremony is at 5pm, Bass and Flinder's Point. We have decided on a reception at The Nun's Pool!

Monday, February 12, 2007

Lobster



So it had been about 6 weeks since I saw Heather, and finally she had gotten on the plane and was on her way. It had been a very busy time here by myself, catching up with family and friends, travelling around Australia a little (Queensland, Newcastle, and down to Melbourne visiting various friends), and picking up the 1976 VW kombi van from South Australia that I had bought on ebay (gotta love the internet). But today was to be a special day, the adventure (together) begins. So I thought I'd arrange something a little special for dinner. OK, to be honest, it was an absolute fluke! I found a lobster pot underneath Mum and Dad's house here in Bundeena a few days earlier. I bought some bones from the butcher shop for $2, tied one into the pot that and put it in the water just out the front of their house. I had been checking it everyday, but nothing... that is until Heather arrives. I went and picked her up from the Airport early in the morning and drove her back down here. After the ceremonial welcoming cup of tea with Mum and Dad, we decided it was time for a swim, and killing two birds with one stone, I thought I'd have a peek at the pot, and low-and-behold there was dinner! Yummo!

1 comment:

wayne said...

Hi guys used to trap crayfish at Bundeena when we lived there. Accidently came across your blog, we left in early 97 and moved to laurieton on the north coast. Do you know the mills'es from crammond ave, we used to live at 8 thompson st. We had the best parties there. Drop us an email: wassa.t1@westnet.com.au